Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings :-
‘We, Us, Our’ – On-Call Communications
‘You, Your’ – The Customer/Consumer
‘Contract’ – Means any order of goods or services by the Customer that is accepted by Us.
‘Goods’ – Any Goods forming the subject of a Contract including parts of, or materials incorporated in, them as more particularly described upon this Website.
‘Website’ – Our Website, the address of which is : www.valcom.co.uk
2. Contact Details
Our contact address details are :-
On Call House
14 Brookhill Close
Standedge Business Park
Telephone +44 (0)1457 810391
FAX +44 (0)1457 810422
3. Prices and Payment
• The Price of the Goods is set out on the Website and on the confirmation of order via the website or contacting our order team. Prices on this website are in GBP and exclude VAT unless stated otherwise.
• Pricing Errors: In the event that there is a misprint or pricing error on the website then On-Call Communications will not be bound to honour any orders made at that price.
• We try to offer the best / most competitive price possible, but on some occasions this isn’t possible. Once an item is purchased and you find a better price elsewhere we cannot offer a refund for difference in price.
4. Late Payments
• Payments fall due as per payment terms stated on our quotation. Acceptance of our quotation is confirmation that you accept the payment terms quoted. Outstanding invoices are due in full as per payment terms stated on our invoice. We charge the statutory interest rate of 8% plus the Bank of England base rate on outstanding balances due. Please refer to the Governments website for further information.
5. Special Order
• The term ‘Special Order’ relates to any equipment ordered specifically at the request of a customer directly from USA.
• The customer will be notified at the time of quote / order that items within the quote / order are a ‘Special Order’.
• Payment for ‘Special Orders’ must be made in full at the time of order
• It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that when placing the order the equipment specification is correct.
• No part of full refunds can be made for any equipment classified as a special order or an order that is shipped directly from the United States or Czech Republic.
6. Delivery Charges
• Delivery to UK mainland addresses will be charged in addition and are clearly charged and displayed as follows:
Order Value Delivery Charge
£0 to £500 £15
£501 to £1000 £25
£1001 + above Free
• Delivery is available to all UK mainland addresses. Customers living in some remote rural areas should note some delivery services are either extended by 2 working days, or in some instances not available at all.
• Delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Jersey, Guernsey and BFPO addresses are subject to a premium delivery charge.
7. Order Process
• When you complete your personal details and select the Goods that you wish to purchase and submit them to us, you are offering to purchase the Goods at the price shown on the Website subject to these terms and conditions.
• The Contract for the sale by us to you of the Goods is completed when we send to you our confirmation of despatch to you by email.
• We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse to complete a contract for the sale of Goods to you.
• On-Call Communications cannot be held responsible If an item or items that have been paid for prior to delivery cannot be supplied to meet a specific deadline. This due to being out of stock at the manufacturers or by other means out of our control. An alternative product may be offered at no extra cost, refunds will not be given. If your order requires a specific deadline this should be put in writing when ordering and a confirmation reference would be issued confirming delivery date.
8. Cancellation of an Order
•Orders placed on line via our web page are unable to be cancelled and no refunds will be made
•Any deposits for product made are non refundable
9. Delivery Schedule
• We will endeavour to deliver your order immediately. Delivery times vary according to the part ordered and quantity, and we will usually ship your complete order once all the goods are in stock.
• Delivery dates are approximate and no liability whatsoever is accepted in respect of late deliveries.
• All lead times quoted cannot be guaranteed, although we make every effort to meet them, we are reliant on third party manufactures, suppliers, couriers and customs. If we do not have stock of the ordered item(s) many of them are shipped directly to us from the United States of America or Czech Republic.
• You will be emailed or telephoned the day before your goods are due to be delivered with details / tracking information for your goods.
• Goods can only be delivered to the customer’s address (or a different delivery address specified) and must be checked and signed for. The Carrier may also ask to see identification before leaving the goods, (to protect us from Credit Card fraud).
• Do not book any installers until the goods have been received and checked for damage or shortages by you. No liability can be accepted for costs caused by late deliveries or for any other reason.
• Heavy and bulky items may require assistance by the driver to off load them from the vehicle. This assistance will be required from the customer.
10. Delivery and Acceptance
• As soon as the goods have been delivered and signed for, they will become your responsibility. Any loss or damage to the goods shall be at your own risk. Any transit damage to the goods, shortages or incorrect items must be noted on the delivery consignment note at the time of delivery and returned with the driver.
• If the product you ordered is no longer available or has been superseded by a newer model, we reserve the right to supply the newer model or a similar model with at least the same feature set. These items are non-returnable.
11. Returns & Refunds Policy
• If any items are DOA (dead on arrival) they can be returned for a replacement or full refund within 7 days of purchase.
• Items cannot be returned after 30 days if they have been used.
• Goods ordered in error can be returned within 7 days of purchase and a credit note will be raise to the value of the order less delivery charges. We do not offer a refund for goods ordered in error. If you do need to return the goods they must be in the original packaging and in an un-used condition.
• Any products which are a composite of more than one product (Speaker Kits) are unable to be returned for a refund. A credit note would be issued for products returned in the original outer packaging with all paper work present.
• Any item(s) that are returned to us and proven to be faulty due to external sources (such as mains power spike, power surge, connection of incompatible power supply etc) are not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and are therefore non-refundable.
• We are not responsible for any equipment which shows lack of functionality or any operational issues arising from its connection to existing cabling or cabling installed by a third party
• Goods/Products incorrectly specified and found not to meet the required specification may be returned for a full refund if meeting the criteria below:
- The Goods/Products must be returned within 3 months from invoice date
- A valid RA number has been issued against the Goods/Products to be returned
- The Goods/Products must be returned As New without any modification, labelling or alteration
- In original undamaged packaging.
• In order to return any faulty product you must email email@example.com with an explanation of the fault before posting the item(s) – you will then recieve a Returns Number that must be quoted in the returned package. Failure to do this may result in you not getting refunded.
• They should be well packed and returned with your original invoice:
On Call House
14 Brookhill Close
Standedge Business Park
Please do not write or damage the original packaging as this will render the package un-sellable, and you will not be refunded.
• Any transit damage to the goods, shortages or incorrect goods supplied must be noted on the delivery consignment note at the time of delivery. If you are not satisfied with the condition of the goods you must:
i) Write your comments on the Consignment Note and return them with the driver.
ii) Inform On-Call Communications within 24 hours.
If the driver refuses to wait whilst you check the packages against the delivery note – DO NOT ACCEPT THEM – and inform us immediately. If you are using a representative to sign for the goods on your behalf, please ensure that they follow these instructions and carefully examine all the packages.
• Within 24 hours you agree to open all the boxes and thoroughly check the goods for damage or shortages and inform us accordingly.
• You agree to indemnify us in full for any losses we suffer as a result of your failure (or your agents) to check the packages and notify us of any damage within 24 hours of the delivery.
Please follow the above instructions carefully, as manufacturers will not accept and refund faulty/damaged items unless they are notified within 24 hours of delivery.
• Upon return of the faulty or damaged items we will exchange the product or issue a full refund including delivery charges within 28 days.
• Please note that Your right to return Goods pursuant to the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 does not apply in this contract where the Goods are manufactured for You or customised to Your specifications, or deemed a Special Order.
• It is the responsibility of the purchaser to return any goods that develop a fault while under the standard manufacturer’s warranty to the address above. We will then return the goods to the manufacturer to identify the fault – if proven to be faulty the item will be repaired or replaced. On Call Communications will not attend site to identify or remedy faults unless a service contract has been entered into with On Call Communications. All goods supplied come with a standard manufacturer’s warranty. For goods that develop a fault outside of the standard warranty period a diagnosis charge applies unless they have an extended warranty.
• Items to be returned must be in their original undamaged packaging and undamaged condition with all paperwork. The item must be functioning as it was when supplied (including returning software updates to supplied condition). If these conditions are not satisfied then the item(s) will not be eligible for return.
12. Aborted Call Out Charges
• Any booked-in and agreed call out that is aborted to no fault of On-Call Communications will be charged at £275.00 ex VAT – non-negotiable.
13. Day Rate Charges
• A ‘day rate’ is inclusive of travelling time to and from site.
• ‘Half day rate’ applies if travelling time and time on-site is under 4 hours in total.
• ‘Day rate’ applies if travelling time and time on-site is over 4 hours in total and under 8 hours.
14. Service Contracts
• A service contract will not be activated and validated whilst there is an outstanding balance owing from the original Purchase Order which covers supply and installation of any of our systems.
15. Extent of Liability
• We make every effort to ensure that goods advertised for sale on the Website are described accurately. However, the descriptions of goods on the Website do not form part of the contract between you and us. They are designed to represent a general idea of the Goods. You should ensure that the goods which you are purchasing from us are suitable for your intended purpose. We do not give any warranty that the Goods, which you purchase from us, are suitable for your intended purpose.
• We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of any breach by us of this contract, including, but not limited to, consequential loss to you and/or loss or damage to the property of third parties. In any event our liability to you arising directly from our negligence will not exceed the invoice value of the Goods. Nothing in this clause will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
• We make every effort to ensure that this Website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website or any website accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to provide adequate protection for your equipment which you use to access this Website. We will not be liable to you or to anyone else for any loss or damage which may be caused to any equipment arising as a result of your use of this Website.
16. Law and Jurisdiction
• The contract shall be governed by English law and we and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you access the Website from locations outside of England and Wales you are responsible for complying with any laws applicable to that territory.
17. Credit Card Security
• All card transactions on this site are handled through a secure gateway and Protx (Sagepay).
• Please be assured that shopping at www.valcom.co.uk is 100% safe. Our site uses a secure server that implements secure socket layers (SSL) technology in our on-line ordering process to protect your payment card information. Every transaction we process is also checked by our fraud control systems to validate the authenticity and validity of your payment card as well as indicators of possible fraudulent use.
• Ordering safely with On-Call Communications
Once you have completed the selection of products you wish to purchase you may proceed to place an order. As soon as you click “checkout” your browser will go into secure mode. Data relating to your order and your personal and payment card details will all pass to our server in an encrypted format. As soon as you have finished ordering you will exit secure mode.
All products are covered by the manufacturers guarantee.
• The contents of this Website are protected by the law of copyright.
• Information we gather from you is never divulged to any third parties, unless as a requirement of fulfilling your order. We may use your details to advise you of special offers or major changes at On-Call Communications.
The company is not responsible for any equipment which shows lack of functionality or any operational issues arising its connection to existing cabling or cabling installed by a third party