The integration of voice reinforcement is recommended by the DfES as a simple and highly effective method of improving the attention and academic results of pupils and students.
Therefore, as part of the Clever Little Box range, we have now developed our unique IRX Wallmount Integrated Amplifier and Infrared Receiver Unit developed specifically for Soundfield classroom voice reinforcement.
Designed to be completely safe and child-friendly, the 20W IRX features infrared wireless microphone technology, line and mic inputs and level/tone control (user controllable), whilst remaining extremely tamper-proof against ‘wandering hands’!
The IRX System also allows for integration of induction loop and personal hearing assistance systems, to further enhance voice coverage for all levels of hearing in the classroom.
- IRX Soundfield Packs are available with a full range of loudspeaker options including wall mount, i-ceilings Sound Panels, i-ceilings surface mount or standard ceiling speakers
- Unobtrusive but effective voice reinforcement in the classroom
- Improved effectiveness of the teaching environment
- Wallmount solution
- Strong, durable and extremely child-safe amplifier/IR unit
- Integrated 20W amplifier and IR receiver
- Normally supplied with 4 x high quality FBT wallmount speakers
- Easily integrated with other classroom/teaching technologies such as induction loops personal FM hearing assistance systems, interactive whiteboards, DVD, MP3, etc…
IRX amplifier/IR receiver:
The IRX’s in-built amplifier features two inputs; one is at line level allowing the use of remote Outreach input plates such as the APA/APL, the other input controls the level of the internal infrared microphone receiver. An 18v DC supply is available from the amplifier to drive the Outreach plates. Both inputs have their own level control.
The amplifier also includes low impedance loudspeaker output (minimum impedance 4ohms) and a separate line level output and 18v DC supply for use with optional APA/LLO output plate.
The IRX is fitted with high and low tone controls to allow adjustment of the frequency response of the speakers. Frequencies at which the controls operate have been chosen to allow speech clarity to be optimised to the acoustic environment.
All signal connections to the unit are accessible only when the front cover is removed and are of the removable screw terminal type allowing for quick and easy connection.