The Algo 8180 SIP audio alerter has been updated to offer a host of additional features. Compatible with a wide range of hardware from a variety of manufacturers, the 8180 is great in environments that require a loud ringer or tannoy announcements.
New additional features of the 8180 now include:
- TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media)
- SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP)
- DNS SRV Record
- CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment
- InformaCast support (additional licence required)
SIP loud paging system with loud speaker – ideal for use in noisy environments
The Algo 8180 SIP Alerter is an excellent Tannoy and paging system designed to work with all SIP based IP PBX phone systems. It has two main uses, the first is as a loud ringer for use in places such as garages and warehouses. The second use is as a paging and intercom system. It can operate in both these modes at the same time by appearing as two different extensions on your phone system at the same time.
The 8180 is just like an IP phone and registers as an end point with the SIP PBX phone system. It can then be included in a call group with other extensions so that it alerts people when their phone is ringing. Or the operator can simply page to the Algo 8180 and announce to the person they are required to answer the phone.
The 8180 is equipped with a high efficiency integrated amplifier and tuned high quality loudspeaker. It is typically eight times louder than a telephone speaker. Several audio files are pre-loaded into the 8180 internal memory for ring sounds but users may also record or upload custom audio files, music, sound effects eg dogs barking, or other voice announcements.
Ambient noise monitoring
The advanced features of the 8180 include SoundSureTM technology which automatically adjusts loud ring and loudspeaker volume to compensate for background ambient noise. Ideal for variable noise environments (restaurants, workshops, classrooms, etc.), SoundSureTM ensures that ringing or paging is always heard but not unnecessarily loud.
Applications / Usage scenario
- Loud Ringer in noisy or variable noise environments (classroom, restaurant, machine shop)
- Voice Paging (warehouse, workshop)
- Outdoor ringing or paging
- Multi-cast wide area notification
Easy to Install
- Network managed SIP endpoint
- Configuration is possible using the feature buttons or web interface
- PoE eliminates local power supply
- Dual purpose loud ringing and/or public announcement capabilities
- High efficiency and high output wideband speaker
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Outputs for external speaker, slave amplifier, or visual alerter
- Significantly louder (eight to twenty times) than typical telephones
- Low frequency tones outperform traditional shrill electronic ringers
- SoundSureTM ambient noise compensation adjusts output for noise level
- Multicasting capability for wide area notification
- Pre-loaded with several ring tones including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and dogs
- Supports custom uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Selectable/customisable alert tones or announcements